[SOLVED] Monitor unplugs and replugs when on sleep

Mitsosmux

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2015
So, I have this issue: After my monitor goes to sleep (pc still on), i hear the usb plug+unplug sound over and over again at random intervals, and at the same time, the monitor wakes up, but shows nothing, only the "Displayport" indication (the one that shows you which input is selected). Then it goes back to sleep, only to wake up again 1-2 minutes later with the same sound of usb plug/unplug. When i press anything on the keyboard or mouse, the monitor wakes up normally.
Monitor: Samsung CJG50
GPU: 1080ti
Drivers are all up to date

Solution
Double check that all USB connections are fully and firmly in place. Swap in known working USB cables to determine if doing so changes anything.

Windows 10?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the USB sounds.

There may be something else going on and the USB sound is just being used for the alert.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check that all USB connections are fully and firmly in place. Swap in known working USB cables to determine if doing so changes anything.

Windows 10?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the USB sounds.

There may be something else going on and the USB sound is just being used for the alert.

Solution