[SOLVED] Monitor Upgrade (144hz or IPS)

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016
Hello , i am buying new monitor soon , and i don't know which one will be a good choice , my GPU is GTX 1060 6GB and i want a 27" Monitor but don't know what resolution should i get .. and should i go for IPS panels or look for one with 144hz refresh rate ... also i seen some monitors in my local store with QLEDS feature is at any good ?
i would appreciate suggestions , thank you

Solution
Hello , i am buying new monitor soon , and i don't know which one will be a good choice , my GPU is GTX 1060 6GB and i want a 27" Monitor but don't know what resolution should i get .. and should i go for IPS panels or look for one with 144hz refresh rate ... also i seen some monitors in my local store with QLEDS feature is at any good ?

Unless you're playing low performance games like league of legends, CS:GO, or other light games you won't be hitting 144FPS on most AAA games with a 1060.

I'd recommend an IPS 144Hz 1080p for your 1060 if you really want clear color quality and fast refresh rates.

QLED is the standard LCD screens you'll see all over the market. it's the...

Unless you're playing low performance games like league of legends, CS:GO, or other light games you won't be hitting 144FPS on most AAA games with a 1060.

I'd recommend an IPS 144Hz 1080p for your 1060 if you really want clear color quality and fast refresh rates.

QLED is the standard LCD screens you'll see all over the market. it's the standard LCD screens you see on phones, tv's, and of course monitors. OLED's are more expensive but more richer in color depth and have truer whites and blacks, which make them ideal for HDR.

Also 2k resolution monitors is higher in picture quality but also require a stronger graphics card. There are even 144hz 2k IPS monitors now that will blow you away. They do cost around 500-800$ however.

Reactions: DreadKnot
Solution

DreadKnot

Reputable
Jul 30, 2016

QLED is the standard LCD screens you'll see all over the market. it's the standard LCD screens you see on phones, tv's, and of course monitors. OLED's are more expensive but more richer in color depth and have truer whites and blacks, which make them ideal for HDR.

Also 2k resolution monitors is higher in picture quality but also require a stronger graphics card. There are even 144hz 2k IPS monitors now that will blow you away. They do cost around 500-800$ however.
thank you for your reply .. most IPS monitors at my local store are 60Hz , don't think i have ever seen one with 144Hz