Monitor Upgrade for 1050p

Psionic7

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Hello forum. In my quest for upgrading my current rig i found a nice deal for a GTX 970 at 150e great price-great perfomance. I'm very happy, comparing it with my old GTX 550Ti. Right now i'm using an old Samsung Syncmaster T200 20" (1680x1050) as a monitor and a Samsung UE32J5100AW 32" TV hooked in the wall for some movies and "gamepad" games (such as Tomb Raider, Witcher e.t.c). I use my monitor mainly for web browsing, everyday use, FPS-Shooter, and competitive online games( mainly shooters). I am looking for upgrading my monitor and my budget is 200e. I'm looking buying a brand new or even a used one here in my city, where i can check if the monitor is alright. So i'm asking you guys, is it worth going into 1080p(60+ Hz) or use my TV as monitor?

Solution
Yes it is worth to play 1080p if you wanna cheap solution Asus V series are great option it has 1080p vga and dvi and some models have HDMI. But the stand doesn't go up down but it has great picture and its led.
Or better options
This one Samsung SE330 Series 27-Inch
HP Pavilion 27xw same 27inch
LG Electronics 25UM58 25-Inch Monitor Ultra wide monitor 2580x1080p
Yes it is worth to play 1080p if you wanna cheap solution Asus V series are great option it has 1080p vga and dvi and some models have HDMI. But the stand doesn't go up down but it has great picture and its led.
Or better options
This one Samsung SE330 Series 27-Inch
HP Pavilion 27xw same 27inch
LG Electronics 25UM58 25-Inch Monitor Ultra wide monitor 2580x1080p

Solution

Psionic7

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
I was checking for 24" and 27" monitors. Sweet spot shapes for my tastes. I searched for the LG UW 25" you mentioned above. Some people dislike the UW on 25", but 29" seems too big and exhausting for long gaming sessions. What do you think?

"LED = LCD display with LED backlighting. LED's are smaller and also have the potential to make the screen brighter.

So the different forms you've typed, LED backlit LCD, backlight LED, they're all the same thing

IPS is the panel type. You have various different type of panels, for example also VA and TN.

IPS allows more life-like and natural colors and great viewing angles. VA panels have higher contrast ratio's and TN panels are the fastest of them all with minimal response time but less color depth and poor viewing angles "