[SOLVED] Monitor Upgrade from 65 to 75 hz for gaming worth it?

Ramiro.Giorgi

Commendable
Jul 26, 2021
Hey people! so i have been wanting to buy a new monitor. At first i wanted an 144-165hz ips monitor becouse i just really wanted to game and have a good experience but, when you look for prices in this category in my country (Argentina) they are pretty expensive, and to be honest i dont play that much competitive titles, i usually play more single player ones. I wanted to buy something like the gigabyte g24f which is really perfect for me, but its getting hard for me to save some money and im pretty anxious about getting a new monitor, so looking around in the internet for better prices i wondered if upgrading my old 60hz ips monitor to a more current 75 hz ips monitor will be a big difference in terms of color and image quality when i game. Right now i have an lg 23mp55, which is an 60hz ips monitor that i bought in 2016 and i wanted to know if upgrading to a more current one, like the ASUS VA24EHE its a total waste of money or its a good idea for what i want. What do you guys think? i also 've been looking the BenQ GW2480, which it seems to be a litle old but good non the less. And if you can give me some more monitor ideas would be great. THX IN ADVANCE.

Solution
Does your system have the power needed to run the games you play at those frame rates? A higher refresh monitor may not be needed if you can't even get to those FPS rates.

Ramiro.Giorgi

Commendable
Jul 26, 2021
I would not do such an upgrade. You will probably experience some difference, but the difference will not be that significant.

Save your money and buy at least a HD 144 Hz ISP monitor.
cool man, thx for the answer. And what monitor do you recomend? Would you recomend a VA panel to save some money or you just Disscard that option totally away?