Monitor/Video Card problem

dimitar tsolov

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Hi,
I built a system for the first time and I’m having a problem with the monitor/video card. Basically after the monitor starts from sleeping mode, it is disrupted, blurry and has horizontal lines, especially on the right side, but it is all over it. Not sure how to explain it, I took a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfLMHZZIY3E&list=UULFuS...

The problem appears when monitor wakes up from sleeping mode, otherwise it is fine. The only way which I found to fix it is to change the resolution while it is doing it – I decrease it and it disappears than I can return it to the recommended one. One thing I notice is that refresh rate keeps going to 59 Hz, rather than 60 Hz. I think it is something to do with the system or the cable, since if I open the window OSD panel the lines are not present over it. Any idea what may cause the problem?

The monitor is connected via DisplayPort cable. I’m waiting for a bunch of cables to arrive tomorrow and I will try to see if the cable is the problem. But I have a feeling that it is something else. So far I updated the MB BIOS and I have the latest NVidia drivers.

Also, the mouse tend to lag for milliseconds from time to time. Especially over chrome, but not only. Any idea where this may be coming from?

The system is the following:
Monitor: ASUS PA248Q
CPU – 4790k
MB - Asus – Z97-AR
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10) – the timing is on auto and it is set on 10-10-10-27
Video - Gigabyte GTX 970 - GV-N970WF3OC-4GD
HHD1 - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (MZ-7KE256BW)
HHD 2 - Western Digital 2 TB SATA III - Black, WD2003FZEX
Sound: ASUS PCI-Express x1 XONAR ESSENCE STX
Power: Corsair CX 750M

Thank you for your help, highly appreciated.

dimitar tsolov

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
It seems that the problem was caused by the nvidia drivers. Here is the solution, if anybody else encounters it:

Please click on the link and install the driver with the below steps:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3607/kw/344.80

Here are the simple steps to help you install the driver; please follow them for better result.

1. Click on the link provided above.
2. Click on “Download”. On the next page click “agree and download”.
3. Save this file to Desktop so that it can easily be located.
4. After the download has finished, install the file using custom installation.
5. Tick mark “perform clean install” and go ahead with the installation process.
6. Restart the computer after finishing the installation

It worked for me.