[SOLVED] Monitor VS TV....

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I am wanting to upgrade one of my computers monitors and I really can't see the benefit of a monitor over a TV, which is larger and about the same price. The TV is 10-bit, 4:4:4 as is the monitor. The difference being that the TV is about 10 inches larger. I can't figure out why the monitors cost more yet don't have a receiver. It is frustrating trying to find info online because they all seem to be focused on gaming, which this machine will never do. What are they offering for the extra money?

Solution
I would think one of the biggest issues is lag. TV tend to be slower than monitors in a very general sense.

Personally bought my last TV with gaming as a (background) important feature. I ended up getting a Samsung 7xxx series IIRC, but it offers a low lag game mode and does 1080/120. It's a 4K unit with the "high definition color" thing, which was rather frustrating getting to turn off for games. It trashes the proper color with it on....

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would think one of the biggest issues is lag. TV tend to be slower than monitors in a very general sense.

Personally bought my last TV with gaming as a (background) important feature. I ended up getting a Samsung 7xxx series IIRC, but it offers a low lag game mode and does 1080/120. It's a 4K unit with the "high definition color" thing, which was rather frustrating getting to turn off for games. It trashes the proper color with it on....

Solution

TRENDING THREADS