[SOLVED] Monitor was changed to a new one, 1 long and 2 short beeps, no POST but boots up to windows like normal

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017
So I've changed my old monitor AOC e936Vw to an Acer EG220Q, I've stuck with 1366x768 for years and had to upgrade to 1080p.
Booted my PC with the new monitor for the first time, got a 1 long and 2 short beeps, no POST at all, but proceeds to windows normally. Any thoughts on these? Tried using the two HDMI slots on my GPU but the problem still occurs. Never occurred when using my old AOC but it uses DVI though.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570
16GB RAM
Windows 10 x64

Reactions: Liisel007
Solution
Yes, you should ignore it unless you need to get into the BIOS. Most modern systems do exactly what you are explaining, unless you start spamming the Delete, F2 or Esc key (Whichever you normally have to press in order to enter the BIOS setup program) from the time you power on until you see that it has entered or is entering the BIOS. You could then turn off the "fast boot" setting if you really wanted to, but the fact that you are getting into Windows says everything is fine.

Is it still giving you one long and two short beeps EVERY TIME you start or restart, or did it just do it the one time?
If your system boots to windows, it HAS to have gone through the POST process. It's not POSSIBLE to boot into Windows without POSTing. It's probably just doing so too quickly for you to see. Previously, it was probably going much more slowly. Rest assured, if you are getting into Windows, there is nothing wrong with the system. You could not get past the POST screens if it wasn't POSTing normally.

What is your motherboard model?

Reactions: Jamry

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017
For real? Because unlike my last monitor I can see the POST process im not entirely sure if im stating it right or im using the correct term but to be more specific it's the image when you boot up the pc and you can see for a few seconds the motherboard logo or brand and displays some options like "Press this key to enter BIOS " right? But in these case with the new monitor, monitor always says "No signal" in the time where I would be able to see the said image and suddenly goes on standby, and after a few second as if the monitor is suddenly receiving signal it turns on and displays log in screen on windows. Should I just ignore what is happening?

Yes, you should ignore it unless you need to get into the BIOS. Most modern systems do exactly what you are explaining, unless you start spamming the Delete, F2 or Esc key (Whichever you normally have to press in order to enter the BIOS setup program) from the time you power on until you see that it has entered or is entering the BIOS. You could then turn off the "fast boot" setting if you really wanted to, but the fact that you are getting into Windows says everything is fine.

Is it still giving you one long and two short beeps EVERY TIME you start or restart, or did it just do it the one time?

Last edited:
Solution

Jamry

Honorable
Mar 30, 2017

Sorry for the late reply, yes it truly does it everytime I start the PC. At the moment im using yet again my Old AOC since there are defects on the panel of the acer monitor I just bought. I do hope, that the new replacement would have no problems since it truly is a hassle here.

Nov 22, 2020
some monitors take longer to read inputs... (mine) but if i set the "time to show boot options" to 30 seconds it shows post for the last 8 seconds of the boot process.... (of course i set it back to 5 seconds because i don't need to SEE it post just know that is. and the beep code is a bios config issue and could likely be fixed by rearranging the boot order. (mine does it if i have network boot enabled because there is no network boot device).