[SOLVED] Monitor went Neon 80's, ~1 fps, other monitors off

Solution
Artifacting, not a good sign for your GPU.... try Heaven benchmark test and see if it does the same thing. Is the GPU OC'ed? if so drop it back to stock settings.

Are temps going into the 80's or staying normal? This could also be a System Memory issue but unlikely.

You could also try reseating the GPU, it may have gotten slightly loose over time. Also what PSU do you have, is it getting enough power to the hungry GPU? Just a few ideas...
Artifacting, not a good sign for your GPU.... try Heaven benchmark test and see if it does the same thing. Is the GPU OC'ed? if so drop it back to stock settings.

Are temps going into the 80's or staying normal? This could also be a System Memory issue but unlikely.

You could also try reseating the GPU, it may have gotten slightly loose over time. Also what PSU do you have, is it getting enough power to the hungry GPU? Just a few ideas...

Last edited:
Solution

BenGMann

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

I just started monitoring the temps, doesn't seem to be the problem. No, not overclocked. Updated the graphics driver and hopped into the game and didn't encounter the issue immediately, but I'll want to run around some more to really test it. If that's all good I'll give that benchmark test a try. Thanks a bunch!

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
If all else fails you can try to contact the company that made your GPU and they will probably let you RMA it. Basically return it to them. They will send you a replacement most likely. Not a new one, it will probably be a factory refurbished model. Which means a used GPU that has had a professional hand it bringing back to spec.

I bought a GTX 1070 Ti from a seller on Amazon for $400. It was a new in the box and it was also defective. The seller wouldn't give me a refund and they only had one. So I contacted MSI and sent it back to them. It wasn't cheap. It cost me $50 to ship it to the MSI place in California. Basically what money I saved buying on Amazon went to shipping. Totally wasn't worth it.

All my PC hardware purchases are done through Newegg or some other site other than Amazon now. I buy nothing from Amazon.