Monitor will not receive a signal

Muintir

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps. I have exhausted google trying to fix this and done everything in this guide

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I bought a computer off of someone awhile back and everything worked beautifully for about 3 months until the pc started to reboot itself, freeze, & get really loud (like a jet engine) upon start up. One day it just stopped displaying a signal to my monitor even though everything inside still turned on. I replaced the motherboard, gpu, & cpu cooler (a program said the old fan was running high anyway) and nothing worked. I even tested all the ram which didnt resolve anything. I brought it to a repair shop and they got it working saying that somehow the bios had gotten messed up. Beautiful I thought until a month passes and my computer once again does not display a signal when booted up. The cpu led however stayed a solid red. I read somewhere that all the symptoms I was having prior to the no signal was signs of a bad psu so I went out and bought a 750watt psu today which did not resolve the problem. However now the cpu led is off and the dram led stays solid with the new psu. I followed the manual and tried the memok on the motherboard, even doing it with 1 stick at a time in different slots yet nothing worked. I have reset the bios as per the manual, removed the motherboard battery, and everything else I could find to resolve the problem. The only thing I have not tried was a new cpu but I figured I would try my luck here before I waste anymore money. My wife is already getting pretty ticked off that I have virtually wasted over $400 and don't have a working pc. I know its not the monitor since I hooked my laptop up to it and it works. I cant get into the bios screen to change them or anything so im kinda lost at this point as to what I can do.

12GB ram
gtx 660
Corsair cx750m psu
asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 motherboard
amd fx 6300 cpu

short version:

Monitor gets no signal
-replaced the psu, gpu, & motherboard
- repair shop resolved the problem before saying the bios got messed up
- problem happened again and bios reset & removing the battery didn't fix it