[SOLVED] Monitor with dp cable giving error "No cable connected"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2020
I purchased this monitor but I am getting error "No cable connected". It works with HDMI cable but not with dp 1.2 cable which I got along with the monitor. Tried using a different dp cable still getting the same error. Manually changed the source to dp but still the same.
------------
Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2411P 24-inch (60.96 cm) 144Hz FHD (1080p) Gaming Monitor for Esports - M353299

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G 192-bit GDDR6 DisplayPort 1.4 HDMI 2.0B with Windforce 2X Cooling System Graphic Cards- GV-N166TOC-6GD

dimtodim

Reputable
I purchased this monitor but I am getting error "No cable connected". It works with HDMI cable but not with dp 1.2 cable which I got along with the monitor. Tried using a different dp cable still getting the same error. Manually changed the source to dp but still the same.
------------
Monitor: BenQ Zowie XL2411P 24-inch (60.96 cm) 144Hz FHD (1080p) Gaming Monitor for Esports - M353299

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G 192-bit GDDR6 DisplayPort 1.4 HDMI 2.0B with Windforce 2X Cooling System Graphic Cards- GV-N166TOC-6GD
did u tray connect monitor with DisplayPort 1.4 cable? i have same gpu and works fine with dp1.4 on tv and monitor...dont forget change source on monitor

dimtodim

Reputable
Ordering will also take time for me to receive it. And I have cross checked it 1.4 is backward compatible so 1.2 must have worked on it. There must be other resolution for this. If someone knows please help asap
try this
  1. Turn off the PC.
  2. Disconnect the PC from its power source.
  3. Disconnect all monitors
  4. Unplug the monitor you’re having issues with from its power source.
  5. Wait approximately 1 minute.
  6. Reconnect ONLY the monitor you were having issues with to the power, and to the PC.
  7. Reconnect the PC to the power source.
  8. Turn on the PC.

Oct 21, 2020
try this
  1. Turn off the PC.
  2. Disconnect the PC from its power source.
  3. Disconnect all monitors
  4. Unplug the monitor you’re having issues with from its power source.
  5. Wait approximately 1 minute.
  6. Reconnect ONLY the monitor you were having issues with to the power, and to the PC.
  7. Reconnect the PC to the power source.
  8. Turn on the PC.
tried this as well no change

Status
Not open for further replies.