Question Monitor with eyecare and like Retina display

JokerPower

Honorable
Jul 3, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for a new monitor for my dad. Currently, he is using Dell UltraSharp U2312HM, which is a 23-inch monitor. He is using the PC only for office work (Word, PowerPoint) and browsing. Also, he wears glasses, so his eyesight is not so good.

There are so many models out there. I need your advice on choosing the best model. What exactly I'm looking for:
  • Excellent display quality. If you've used MacBook or iMac with Retina display, you know what I mean. I'm looking for something like this. Not pixelated image;
  • Eye care technologies, like no flickering, low blue light, and so on;
  • Display size of about 27 inches. He already has 23-inch monitor, so buying another one with 23-24 inches, I think it's not the right way to go;
  • Display resolution. That's where I'm confused a little bit. In my understanding, if I'm buying 27-inches with 2K resolution, pixels will be distinguished. And if I'm getting 27-inches with 4K resolution, everything will look much better, but at the same, it will be very small on the screen, right? That can be a problem for him. I know there is a scaling setting for this, but I'm not sure how it will work on Windows.
Money is not an issue. I'm looking for something good value.

Thanks in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS