Question monitor with horizontal line

Sep 26, 2021
My led monitor is damaged, and until I can repair it I am using a crt monitor, yesterday from one moment to the next a horizontal line began to appear at the top, and it changes position according to the frequency at which the monitor is (60 , 75, 85 hz). Obviously the first thing I thought was that it was a failure of the monitor, but to check I connected it to my laptop and the line did not appear, then I connected an old pc and I connected it and there was no horizontal line, finally I connected the crt monitor to an adapter vga / hdmi, and instead of connecting it directly to the vga port of the pc I connected it to the hdmi port and the line is not there.
The strange thing is that I connect the led monitor that is failing to test if the port was failing, but there was no horizontal line, I connected it to the TV and neither.
I do not know if it will be a compatibility problem or if the line is there but it is not visible with the led / lcd screens.
I want to clarify that in this crt monitor when it is in 60hz the line appears a little above the upper edge of the screen and that part is not seen in the led monitors (since the image reaches the edge of the screen), so I don't know if that's why I can't see it, or it really only happens with this monitor.
The problem appeared yesterday when I pressed the auto adjust button on the monitor because some icons were very much on the edge of the screen, and since then I have not found a solution.
I tried reinstalling the drivers with ddu, I also entered safe mode and the line is still there, it also appears from the moment you turn on the pc, when the mobo mark appears.
My fear would not be a compatibility problem, nor the monitor itself, if not something about the hardware of my pc.
Another detail is that windows does not always recognize the maximum frequency of the monitor (85hz) but even at that frequency the horizontal line appears

demo video
View: https://youtu.be/mZQu3XYokiQ

My specs:
RAM: crucial ballistix red bulk 2x8gb 3200 mhz
cpu: amd ryzen 5 5600g
motherboard: msi b550m pro-vdh
ssd: wd black sn 750 500gb
psu: GAME PRO 550W 80 BRONZE

Lutfij

Titan
You're advised to buy a reliably built PSU, the one you have is more of an expensive paper weight :/ I think your system has more issues than one and the root might be the PSU itself. Can you source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who happens to have a reliably built PSU with at least 450W at the entire system's disposal?

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? Make and model of your monitor? If you're using any adapter/convertors in between the system and the display, do mention them.

Sep 26, 2021
You're advised to buy a reliably built PSU, the one you have is more of an expensive paper weight :/ I think your system has more issues than one and the root might be the PSU itself. Can you source a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who happens to have a reliably built PSU with at least 450W at the entire system's disposal?

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? What version of Windows 10 are you working with? Make and model of your monitor? If you're using any adapter/convertors in between the system and the display, do mention them.
It is the next thing that I am going to change after the monitor.
Bios v: 7C95v293
monitor: ViewSonic UltraBrite E70f +
At this moment I am not using any adapter, that is, the monitor is connected to the vga port of the mobo.
But I tried to connect the monitor to a vga / hdmi adapter, and connect it to the hdmi port and the horizontal line does not appear.

Edición Windows 10 Pro
Versión 21H1
Instalado el ‎1/‎1/‎2020
Compilación del sistema operativo 19043.1288
Experiencia Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Sep 26, 2021

I don't know why I missed a part of what you wrote but I answer it. Yes, I have more than one problem, what seems strange to me is that the same thing happens to a friend, and our builds differ only in ram and psu (his is much better). Although I do not know if the issue of the horizontal line happens to him because I discovered it more than anything by the crt monitor, with a led monitor I would never have found out because it is seen above the upper limit of the screen and you have to narrow it to to be able to see it, also in the hdmi port this problem does not exist, and because of the characteristics of the problem I do not know if the warranty will recognize it or how I should describe the problem to them.
Regarding the psu, the only friend who could lend me a psu has his pc broken and the other has it in his workstation that works 24/7 so at the moment I cannot exchange psu

horizontal line on ips monitor:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbxkcUN6YM0