Question Monitor won't automatically turn on if set to 75hz

Jan 22, 2019
Hello,
My current setup includes a 29WK600 LG monitor and an Asus ROG G750JW laptop. The problem with this setup is that if the monitor is running at 75hz, it will not wake up from low power mode if I move my mouse or if my laptop is waking up from sleep/powering on. To fix this issue I have to either press on the power button of the monitor twice or press win + P and switch to primary monitor, and then switch to second monitor only, as I use only the LG monitor with separate keyboard and mouse. The problem does not exist if I set the monitor to run at 60hz from windows. If it is running at 60hz then whenever the monitor goes to sleep I can easily move the mouse and it will turn back on immediately.
I tried changing the laptop which fixed the problem, allowing me to run the monitor at 75hz and also the wake up function was working, but I cannot use the other laptop for this setup.
In my opinion it has something to do with the laptop being a bit old. Even though it's old, it's still rocking an i7, a GTX 765m, 240GB SSD and 24GB of RAM, that's why I'm still using it. What do you guys think about this unusual problem? I also have a clean install of windows 10 with geforce experience drivers up to date, and all windows updates done.

Could be the version of the connection you are using. Did you check for updated BIOS and video drivers fro the laptop you are having an issue with? I have run into a this type of issue before with systems at work, using another connection type or updating drivers usually fixed the issue (going from VGA to display port or vice versa for example).

Jan 22, 2019
Could be the version of the connection you are using. Did you check for updated BIOS and video drivers fro the laptop you are having an issue with? I have run into a this type of issue before with systems at work, using another connection type or updating drivers usually fixed the issue (going from VGA to display port or vice versa for example).
There is a single bios update, but it's fixing another problem which I'm not encountering. When it comes to the connection type, I'm using HDMI which should be enough, I'll probably try a display port cable in the near future and till then I have set the monitor to 60hz so I can wake up the monitor without pressing on its power button.