Question Monitor won't boot up

Jan 15, 2021
So, I had a problem couple of days...

When I turn on on my desktop, Windows 10 boots up fine but monitor wouldn't follow and remains black with constant "hardware connect/disconnect sound" (like when you plug USB drive).
It does so for some time until it finally shows, and after that everything works just fine.

Next time I start my PC, same thing happens, even it does so when I wake monitor from sleep, it won't show output without me waiting or restarting PC couple of times.

Today it won't show at all. Windows is up and running but monitor remains black with never ending "connect/disconnect" sound...
Can't start BIOS too.

What gives?

So, I had a problem couple of days...

When I turn on on my desktop, Windows 10 boots up fine but monitor wouldn't follow and remains black with constant "hardware connect/disconnect sound" (like when you plug USB drive).
It does so for some time until it finally shows, and after that everything works just fine.

Next time I start my PC, same thing happens, even it does so when I wake monitor from sleep, it won't show output without me waiting or restarting PC couple of times.

Today it won't show at all. Windows is up and running but monitor remains black with never ending "connect/disconnect" sound...
Can't start BIOS too.

What gives?
Check replace video cable, for rest you must supply your PC's details.

Jan 15, 2021
Yes, I will buy new vga cable tomorrow, hoping that's the issue.

It's pretty basic PC, AMD procesor w. integrated graphics.
I really hope that issue is not there, like I said everything was working just as fine as soon as the screen shows and monitor doesn't go to sleep or I don't turn off the PC.

Jan 15, 2021
UPDATE: So I connected new VGA cable and no joy.

I don't get it... Why the constant hardware connection on/off notification, what it is implicating...

Is it the monitor or the pc...

Jan 15, 2021
I have an old gpu from my last configuration. I thought to give it a try, but it says it requires 300W psu and my current one is bellow that. Is it dangerous to try at least?

Also is it possible that only board gpu is gone? What you do in that situation since it's not replacable?
New motherboard or external gpu will do the trick?

Jan 15, 2021
CPU: AMD Athlon 5150
Motherboard: MSI AM1I
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series (MSI)

Btw, just now screen is on, I did nothing expect I left PC on.

Now I am looking at Event Viewer and it has like few hundreds reports saying "A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API"

It was generated every 2-3 seconds, so every time that hardware connect/disconnect was notified.

What that means...?

And now, everything is fine, but if I switch it off or let monitor go to sleep it will happen again.

Maybe OS reinstall?

Jan 15, 2021
I did OS reinstall last night, I even used Windows 7, everything was fine, before sleep turned it off and this morning same thing occurs.

Somehow I think it has to do with psu, like it's not giving enough on start, but how come everything works without problems when output shows...