Question Monitor wont connect after inserting new ram

Jun 23, 2020
I recently wanted to upgrade my pc as I have been doing more complex stuff and 4gb of ram is not enough anymore. I bought 3 differnt types of ram that had the same speed as the original and were ddr4 like the original. The motherboard is H110M PRO-VH it can hold 32gb and has 2 slots. The PC turns on although the monitor has no signal. Once I put in the original ram it works again. Can anyone help me?

Sorry, I just noticed your motherboard only has 2 RAM slots.

So, your old 4gb RAM stick still works, correct? If you put any of the other 3 new RAM sticks in the other slot, with your old RAM stick in the original slot, you don't get a display, correct?

Are all the 'new' RAM sticks 4gb as well?

Have you tried removing your old 4gb stick from it's slot an replacing it with one of the new RAM sticks? If you have, does it boot? Try all 3 of the new RAM sticks like this and see if it boots. If it does not boot like this then either the new stick is bad, or it's not compatible with your motherboard and/or BIOS.

Jun 23, 2020
I've tried the ram by themselves yes and the computer boots but monitor doesnt connect, I've tried to go into bios but it crashes each time, how do I make sure the ram is compatible with my motherboard?
Sorry, I just noticed your motherboard only has 2 RAM slots.

So, your old 4gb RAM stick still works, correct? If you put any of the other 3 new RAM sticks in the other slot, with your old RAM stick in the original slot, you don't get a display, correct?

Are all the 'new' RAM sticks 4gb as well?

Have you tried removing your old 4gb stick from it's slot an replacing it with one of the new RAM sticks? If you have, does it boot? Try all 3 of the new RAM sticks like this and see if it boots. If it does not boot like this then either the new stick is bad, or it's not compatible with your motherboard and/or BIOS.
I've tried the ram by themselves yes and the computer boots but monitor doesnt connect, I've tried to go into bios but it crashes each time, how do I make sure the ram is compatible with my motherboard?

How do know the computer is booting if your monitor isn't connecting?

What is your CPU? Here is the support page for your motherboard. Is you CPU Skylake or Kabylake?

Support page for your motherboard

The memory listed in the QVL are modules that have been tested and are known to work. Modules that are not listed might work, but haven't been tested.

Have you ever updated your BIOS? BIOS updates typically increase RAM compatibility.

Jun 23, 2020
How do know the computer is booting if your monitor isn't connecting?

What is your CPU? Here is the support page for your motherboard. Is you CPU Skylake or Kabylake?

Support page for your motherboard

The memory listed in the QVL are modules that have been tested and are known to work. Modules that are not listed might work, but haven't been tested.

Have you ever updated your BIOS? BIOS updates typically increase RAM compatibility.

The PC turns on as the power button lights up when it's on. I tried to update bios although as I said when I go into the bios they crash.

Jun 23, 2020
Link to your motherboard's Utility download page

If you don't already have 'Live Update 6' installed, go to the above link, scroll down, and install it. I think this will allow you to check your current BIOS version and update it (if necessary) to the latest one.

How to use Live Update 6 to update your BIOS
This is a 2015 video. Hopefully it's still applies to the latest version of Live Update 6.
Yea I've been on that site and watched the video but unfortunately cant access bios as it crashes when opens so I cant update them