Monitor Won't Detect Analog Input (Is it Monitor/MoBo/GPU's fault?)

lordjackal

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Hey guys, I recently built my first computer and everything was going great at first; I got Windows 7 installed and all the drivers and played games for a while. Then I ran into an issue.

It seems like any time I have the computer turned off for a while, when I try to turn it back on the monitor won't detect the analog signal coming from the PC. I unplug and restart the computer a few times, and it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I've taken the GPU out and hooked the monitor directly to the MoBo, and it doesn't fix the problem. I've connected the monitor to my laptop and it works without fail. I've taken out and reinserted the GPU multiple times, and it hasn't changed much.

I'm not sure at this point if the problem is that I'm using an old monitor (like, doesn't have an HDMI input old) with a fairly powerful CPU and GPU, or if it's an issue with the motherboard. A friend of mine who's into PCs said that it shouldn't be the GPU since I tested the signal straight from the MoBo, but he isn't quite sure what is causing it, either.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should add that what happens is it says Auto Detect (Analog Input) Entering Power Save, and then goes black. It's an old Dell monitor, apparently this is something they do.

Solution
That could be your motherboard, might be having issues. Try to reset your BIOS if still didnt help, try to remove all components from the motherboard and leave the very essential. Even try to switch memories..
Somewhere might be the problem.

ohenryy

Honorable
That could be your motherboard, might be having issues. Try to reset your BIOS if still didnt help, try to remove all components from the motherboard and leave the very essential. Even try to switch memories..
Somewhere might be the problem.

Solution