Question Monitor wont turn on after auto turn off display when PC is in idle

bensonixx

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2016
Yesterday.. I build 9 system units with all exactly the sames specs and same software Installed.
But i noticed an annoying bug that my monitor wont turn back on after idling for a while (PC not in sleep mode just the Auto Turn off Display after x Minutes).
I have to reinsert the VGA cable to restore the display.. It works fine when pc is in sleep mode when you press key the display comes back along with the pc turning on..
I suspect the graphics driver causing it. because it works fine when its not installed.

Key specs are--

Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus A320M Prime-k
Hyper X 8GB 2666
120 Lexar SSD

Heres are the things ive already done but no luck!

• Tried another Different monitor and cable
  • enabled ERP s4 - s5 in BIOS..
  • Tried Plugging the Mouse and Keyboard to USB 2.0 and 3.0
  • i did a amd software clean up using that amd tool reinstall chipset and graphics drivers from the amd website..
  • In power options. Turned off Hard disk after 0 Minutes
  • USB selective suspend setting set to disable
  • PCI Express Link state Power management set to OFF

Ralston18

Titan
Windows 10? GPU?

Is that happening on just one of the nine system units you built or all nine?

Wondering:

"I suspect the graphics driver causing it. because it works fine when its not installed. "

Verify: no third party GPU's installed.

Have you tried running the Windows 10 built in troubleshooters?

May 24, 2019
I dont have a solution but maybe a little workaround if everything else fails: Keyboard shortcut WIN + CTRL + SHIFT + B
That combination makes Windows reset input cards, and graphic cards. Emptying the buffer and restarting the driver. Has helped me before when the monitor wouldn't wake up...