[SOLVED] Monitor won't turn on after sleep

Sep 24, 2019
I can wake up the PC from keyboard/mouse but not the monitor. The monitor says "There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any keys on the keyboard..." I have to hard reboot the PC and the monitor displays as expected. Also, I use the same HDMI cable with Macbook pro without any issues. Are there any bios settings caused this? I didn't have the issue when built the PC over two years ago.

Dell u3415w
PNY GTX 1070
Ryzen 1700
X370.

Solution
The computer is likely crashing while in sleep mode or while waking from it. When this happens press any key on your keyboard like caps lock or num lock that has an led associated with it. If the led does not turn off and on as you press the keys on the keyboard that means the computer is stuck in a loop or crashed. You should also check Event Viewer for anything that would show this happening.
The computer is likely crashing while in sleep mode or while waking from it. When this happens press any key on your keyboard like caps lock or num lock that has an led associated with it. If the led does not turn off and on as you press the keys on the keyboard that means the computer is stuck in a loop or crashed. You should also check Event Viewer for anything that would show this happening.

Solution