Monitor wont turn on Automatically

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
hey guys , when i turn on my computer , the monitor light stays orange and i have to manually turn it on everytime . and when computer goes to sleep or turns the screen off again i have to manually turn it on . why the hell is this happening ? i still have no graphic card and im using the integrated one from the cpu

i just bought this monitor and everything else seems pretty good

Model is : Asus VS229H-P

Tried DVI and HDMI

Sorry for the confusion, I used the term "OSD" and "menu" interchangeably. Couldn't find the exact setting for your Asus. Try under Input Select, and also look if it has any other settings. Do you have more than one device plugged into your monitor? When your computer turns off it could be switching to the other input. You can also see if it's in Eco mode, which might be turning it off too. If it's too much bother, just try All Reset and see if that fixes it.

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
i reset the monitor , also no other device is connected . by the way i have no graphic card yet and i heard that graphic card is responsible for transferring the signals to the monitor for waking up or turning on automatically . but isn't the integrated GPU suppose to handle this already ?

ECO mode is also off and i couldnt find any settings that might help with the problem . do you think its broken or ? because the only problem is it not automatically turning on , other than that everything works just fine .

one unrelated question : i have been using a laptop with 4K Panel for quite awhile and when i started using this monitor , its quality is kinda meh . even after calibration done by couple of softwares . is it ok to feel this way or the picture quality must be wow ? i mean kinda reminded me of my TN panel , i expected this IPS one to be so vibrant , but its either washed out a bit or kinda over saturated ( on different modes ) . guess its quite normal since i have been using a 4K monitor and its kinda of a step backwards .

Integrated graphics send out the same handshake as any other source so that shouldn't be it. I've seen Windows think you've reset the resolution and rearrange icons after waking from sleep with a DVI to HDMI adapter, but it still woke the monitor up. Maybe try connecting the monitor to some other device and see if it does the same thing?

Far as the appearance, 4k means more pixels which affects things like sharpness and details. Colors and contrast have more to do with the panel type, so yeah you should be seeing some improvements in black levels at the least over a TN panel. Also viewing angles of course. Presets sometimes work out, but usually you're better off at least adjusting contrast and brightness yourself.

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
tried it on my laptop , same thing happens

Screen Turns off after a moment of inactivity ( while turning off , screen turns blue and it says DVI or HDMI no Signal if im not mistaking ) then it wont turn on by it self , i gotta manually turn it on . this is so weird .

Should i send it back or what ?

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
sorry i totally forgot that i tested the DVI Cable for something else and i thought that i tried it for this issue :D i'm so stupid .

not a debug thing actually , its . when you change the source HDMI to DVI or VGA , it mentions the source with a pop up on the upper left corner of the screen . now everytime the monitor turns on it has to mention with a pop up that its connected to DVI or whatever . my previous monitors didnt do this and its a bit ugly and annoying , wanted to see if there is anyway i can disable it . no biggie tho :D its nothing serious or life threatening

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
gotta buy one , the HDMI cable i had caused problems before on TV so i dont think new HDMI Cable would cause any problem . by the way i heard there's no Visual difference between HDMI and DVI , Right ? So should i just keep using the DVI or get an HDMI ?

There's no difference, it's the same digital signal. I thought a different HDMI cable might have a chance to not display the Input Source message everytime, but that may be something specific to that monitor. If it's working no reason to go out and buy a new cable. But if you had another cable lying around it was worth trying.

Nov 1, 2021
Hi. I have the same problem. After i turned on the pc. The monitor wont detect the signal. The only way to fix,i need to turn off monitor and turn on again. Try to changed hdmi cable but same problem. (Msi b510 bomber). Please help.