Question Monitor works fine in BIOS but

femalebodyinspectoor

Commendable
Jul 7, 2018
Well, the problem started couple months back, when i turn on the pc it works fine for 2-3sec and then the screen goes dark, but not completly, you can still see a little bit, seems like the brightness went to -50 or smth you can still see a bit under the right angle, but nvm that, when i press the button to turn the monitor off and press it again it works fine again for 2-3 sec and i need to keep spamming power button to make it work, so i got annoyed and put it in a box, but now im willing to try again, i opened up bios and it seems like its working perfectly fine untill i max my brightness and it goes black right away.. i guees the problem is my LED lights but i can't see the name of my monitor, it says PnP Generic so i tried to update the driver but it said it was already up to date.. so now i'll try to up my brightness 20 at the time every 30min or so but honestly i dont think its gonna work, any ideas? I can change the ligths but are there like universal ones or do i need to find out what monitor im using so i can change them?

femalebodyinspectoor

Commendable
Jul 7, 2018
It sounds like a bad monitor.
So what did you just now achieve with that reply? Do you wanna make me feel bad because i don't feel like spending 80$ for a new monitor when i can fix this one or you just don't have anything to do and troll people?
and fyi this monitor was working like a beast for at least 8years, 75hz 1440x900..