[SOLVED] Monitor zapped me(is this bad for the monitor and the peripherals connected?)

Feb 14, 2022
3
0
10
0
After trying unplugging the power cord from my monitor, I accidentally touched the pins that connect to the power cord and zapped myself, I was just wondering if this could be bad for the monitor and the peripherals(keyboard and mouse) I connected to its USB ports.

Also, is this a problem with my grounding? I have been getting zapped by other electronics around the house recently(need to get it checked ASAP).

IIRC the PC was turned off but the ups its connected to was not turned off

also if you are wondering, yes the monitor still works same with the mouse and keyboard
 

Krotow

Estimable
Nowadays almost all consumer electronics use switched mode power supplies with huge capacitors who take some time to self-discharge. NEVER TOUCH MAINS CABLE PINS by bare hands if cable is just detached from wall socket! And detach cable from device before detaching from wall. Otherwise you risk to electrocute yourself.

Monitor itself is fine. And silently giggle about you.
 

Krotow

Estimable
Nowadays almost all consumer electronics use switched mode power supplies with huge capacitors who take some time to self-discharge. NEVER TOUCH MAINS CABLE PINS by bare hands if cable is just detached from wall socket! And detach cable from device before detaching from wall. Otherwise you risk to electrocute yourself.

Monitor itself is fine. And silently giggle about you.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY