Hi All,

I have a problem with my Dell 15 inch flat panel ultra sharp monitor,
Dell dimension
2350, 2 yrs old.

Frozen in the upper left corner of the monitor is a pale,faded out
white circle
with circles within circles, resembling
an onion sliced across horizontally.
This circle shows up twice: on the welcome screen and again on the
windows logging off screen. (circle is
2 3/4 in. across and down)

A Dell tech had me do a selfhelp test
with her on my pc.This test did not show any thing. Now the tech wants a
test done on the tower to check the componemts,
the video card and more. Testing with the tower is not my cup of tea. I
don't know
anything about the workings of it.
Has anyone here had trouble with their
monitor?

Any advise or opinions will be greatly
appreciated.

Jay

<fvcjsm@webtv.net> wrote in message

| Hi All,
|
| I have a problem with my Dell 15 inch flat panel ultra sharp monitor,
| Dell dimension
| 2350, 2 yrs old.
|
| Frozen in the upper left corner of the monitor is a pale,faded out
| white circle
| with circles within circles, resembling
| an onion sliced across horizontally.
| This circle shows up twice: on the welcome screen and again on the
| windows logging off screen. (circle is
| 2 3/4 in. across and down)
|
| Jay

It only shows up on those two screens because it's part of the graphic that
makes up those two screens. :))

http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/winxpb2/graphics/screenshots/09_logon.gif

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

> It only shows up on those two screens because it's part of the graphic that
> makes up those two screens. :))
> http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/winxpb2/graphics/screenshots/09_logon.gif

Your work here is done :)

Why can't I stop myself smiling (but not in a nasty EBKAS kinda way)

"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> It only shows up on those two screens because it's part of the graphic
>> that
>> makes up those two screens. :))
>> http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/winxpb2/graphics/screenshots/09_logon.gif
>
> Your work here is done :)
>
> Why can't I stop myself smiling (but not in a nasty EBKAS kinda way)
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

If you change your color depth to 32bit in display properties the "onion"
will go away.

alien

"alien" <nofenders@mtco.com> wrote:

>"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>[Quoting HillBillyBuddhist]

>>>It only shows up on those two screens because it's part of the graphic that
>>> makes up those two screens. :))
>>> http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/winxpb2/graphics/screenshots/09_logon.gif

>> Your work here is done :)
>>
>> Why can't I stop myself smiling (but not in a nasty EBKAS kinda way)

>If you change your color depth to 32bit in display properties the "onion"
>will go away.
>
>alien

That may be dependent on monitor size and/or display resolution
set, Alien.

With a 19" P992 set at 1280 x 1024 and 32-bit color, the "onion"
shows up on my XP logon screen just as in HBB's example.

[Of course, I never noticed it before the OP, jay, brought it up
and HBB posted the screen shot. 61-y.o. eyes I guess, or I never
looked at that corner, concentrating on logging in, instead.]
--
OJ III