Question Monitoring TV (in other room) on my PC monitor, all plugged in the same computer.

Exowe

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
Hello, so here's my setup: I have two monitors and a TV plugged in the same computer in my office, The TV is connected with a 50 feet HDMI cable that goes through the walls, so I can't see the TV from my office.

I was wondering if there was a solution to monitor what's happening on my TV on one of the screens in my office?
Like a small window I could put in the corner off my screen to move apps, that appear on the TV, back to the PC monitor?

I like this setup because I don't have to switch inputs from the TV to my computer monitor every time I want to use one or another. I can always do it on my phone with the Chrome's app ''Remote Desktop'', but I was looking for something that didn't require an external device since everything is hooked up on the same computer.

Thank you in advance for any recommendation!

Not sure exactly what you want...
  • The TV is showing TV programme, and you want to see it on your PC as well, somehow? No way, unless you use eg WiFi webcam for that;
  • Your PC is playing something on that TV, and you want to see what's it exactly? It is somewhere on your taskbar - hover the mouse over it, and you'd see a thumbnail (if enabled).