Question Monitors (1 HDMI & 1 DP) won't work when computer starts/leaves sleep mode

Dec 7, 2022
Recently, I've encountered a problem with my computer booting up like it always did, except now the screens do not react to it. Every other device (Mouse, Keyboard, Scarlet Solo USB etc.) react and light up. Not the screens.
I haven't got a slightest clue why this problem appeared. This PC served me well for over a year now. I browsed the internet in search of any coherent answer to this conundrum, but I failed to not get confused in all gibberish above my PC knowledge level and haven't actually encountered any forum posts describing exactly what I am experiencing, hence not a speck of understanding how to fix it.
Now my morning routine consists of unplugging everything except my main DP Monitor and praying to Jesus, that PC launches with monitor on. At which point I plug everything back, PC works as usually and I enjoy contemplating the shallow abyss where my soul used to be after having to perform this tiresome and obscure ritual with a helpless thousand mile stare because apparently God hates me now.

TL;DR
Basically, to use my PC I have to repeat the process of turning on my PC>seeing no reaction on my monitor>turning PC off>unplugging everything except for monitor>pulling out power cord>waiting for some time>sticking the cord back in>turning it on.
It may take several attempts spanning up to half an hour to just start using PC normally.

My exploits so far:
  • in Device Manager SM Bus driver, PCI Memory Controller, PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller are not installed. Could that be the reason? I'm still trying to fix that.
  • EnergyReport (Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report) shows at least 4 of the USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend errors. Could that be the reason? Tried fixing that. Failed.
  • I vaguely remember updating Nvidia Drivers. I updated them just a day ago again, nothing changed.
  • Using DISM and SFC for system repair did not work.
  • I have fiddled with different placements of my peripheral devices and no matter where I slot them or what kind of devices are plugged, the PC gives exactly zero (0) fufs about that. It wants nothing in it, but DP cord on launch and even then sometimes it doesn't work.
  • I also suspect it might be somehow connected to Sleep Mode and Profiles (Max Performance, Balanced etc.), but still I do not know how or why.
If needed, my specs are:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
64 Gb Ram
ROG STRIX B460-H GAMING
If any additional info is required, please do ask me.

Recently, I've encountered a problem with my computer booting up like it always did, except now the screens do not react to it. Every other device (Mouse, Keyboard, Scarlet Solo USB etc.) react and light up. Not the screens.
I haven't got a slightest clue why this problem appeared. This PC served me well for over a year now. I browsed the internet in search of any coherent answer to this conundrum, but I failed to not get confused in all gibberish above my PC knowledge level and haven't actually encountered any forum posts describing exactly what I am experiencing, hence not a speck of understanding how to fix it.
Now my morning routine consists of unplugging everything except my main DP Monitor and praying to Jesus, that PC launches with monitor on. At which point I plug everything back, PC works as usually and I enjoy contemplating the shallow abyss where my soul used to be after having to perform this tiresome and obscure ritual with a helpless thousand mile stare because apparently God hates me now.

TL;DR
Basically, to use my PC I have to repeat the process of turning on my PC>seeing no reaction on my monitor>turning PC off>unplugging everything except for monitor>pulling out power cord>waiting for some time>sticking the cord back in>turning it on.
It may take several attempts spanning up to half an hour to just start using PC normally.

My exploits so far:
  • in Device Manager SM Bus driver, PCI Memory Controller, PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller are not installed. Could that be the reason? I'm still trying to fix that.
  • EnergyReport (Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report) shows at least 4 of the USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend errors. Could that be the reason? Tried fixing that. Failed.
  • I vaguely remember updating Nvidia Drivers. I updated them just a day ago again, nothing changed.
  • Using DISM and SFC for system repair did not work.
  • I have fiddled with different placements of my peripheral devices and no matter where I slot them or what kind of devices are plugged, the PC gives exactly zero (0) fufs about that. It wants nothing in it, but DP cord on launch and even then sometimes it doesn't work.
  • I also suspect it might be somehow connected to Sleep Mode and Profiles (Max Performance, Balanced etc.), but still I do not know how or why.
If needed, my specs are:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
64 Gb Ram
ROG STRIX B460-H GAMING
If any additional info is required, please do ask me.
Do you have anything plugged into any type c ports on the PC? If so unplug that during system boot nothing else see if the screen boots.

Dec 7, 2022
Try running this in cmd as admin
powercfg /h off

and try to shutdown and boot the PC
I can't believe it just launched properly.
I knew it was something like that, but I thought it was something to do with Sleep Mode and I didn't know anything about hibernation as I never used it and it is turned off as an option in the Start Menu.
No idea why it was switched on or why it was causing all this or how.
Regardless, I think it worked and my problem is fixed now.
Though I want to bash my head on the table for the next hour seeing how all the trouble and mental damage I've endured from this problem for a week now, was fixed in one string, I can't begin to express how thankful I am right now. I was so confused and genuinely annoyed with this, I almost decided to spend my last money to go to the PC repair service station.

TL;DR
I think it worked. My PC launched normally now. Hope it will continue to do so and the problem is gone for good.
THANK YOU!

I can't believe it just launched properly.
I knew it was something like that, but I thought it was something to do with Sleep Mode and I didn't know anything about hibernation as I never used it and it is turned off as an option in the Start Menu.
No idea why it was switched on or why it was causing all this or how.
Regardless, I think it worked and my problem is fixed now.
Though I want to bash my head on the table for the next hour seeing how all the trouble and mental damage I've endured from this problem for a week now, was fixed in one string, I can't begin to express how thankful I am right now. I was so confused and genuinely annoyed with this, I almost decided to spend my last money to go to the PC repair service station.

TL;DR
I think it worked. My PC launched normally now. Hope it will continue to do so and the problem is gone for good.
THANK YOU!
Lol your welcome and the reason I new how to this is because of a mod on here who helped me with my computer refusing to actually shutdown and it was annoying me because my wife's cat like to walk across my keyboard and turn on the PC when it should have been off

Reactions: ordinarymann47