[SOLVED] Monitors connected but getting 'no signal' to new (half) build pc?

Sep 5, 2019
Hi guys,

i have recently just bought the following:

Corsair 275R case
Intel I7-8700 CPU
Corsair RM850
TFORCE Night Hawk DDR4 ram (4gb x 2)
Gigabyte Z370P D3 Motherboard

and used my old:

Asus GTX770 GPU
Corsair CX600M PSU (bought the 850 to replace it as I originally though the old power supply was the problem)
2x SSD
1x HDD

All of my old hardware listed above worked completely fine in my old build yesterday morning.

The main problem I am having is that when powering up the new PC, the monitors keep saying 'no signal'.

I have tried everything I can think of, I have removed the CPU, GPU and RAM and plugged them back in, I have checked for any debris which there is not, I have tried different ports for the GPU, and RAM, tried using a different monitor entirely, tried one stick of ram in multiple slots, and tried with the other stick of RAM to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? It'd be greatly appreciated as this is driving me around the twist!

Many thanks

Solution
OK, you have a new mobo, CPU, RAM and case, and have connected to those your old HDD and SSD units and the old graphics card. With those hardware changes I would expect real problems trying to get it to boot and run if you did NOT re-install Windows fresh. Did you?

If you did not, there normally is a real problem that several of the devices in the new mobo (and yes, a mobo has MANY of its own devices) do NOT have device drivers installed on the old HDD. The original installation of Windows on the old HDD was fully customized to provide drivers for all the hardware in your system at that time. But that usually does NOT provide everything needed in a new system with many hardware changes.

Post back here whether you re-installed Windows...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
OK, you have a new mobo, CPU, RAM and case, and have connected to those your old HDD and SSD units and the old graphics card. With those hardware changes I would expect real problems trying to get it to boot and run if you did NOT re-install Windows fresh. Did you?

If you did not, there normally is a real problem that several of the devices in the new mobo (and yes, a mobo has MANY of its own devices) do NOT have device drivers installed on the old HDD. The original installation of Windows on the old HDD was fully customized to provide drivers for all the hardware in your system at that time. But that usually does NOT provide everything needed in a new system with many hardware changes.

Post back here whether you re-installed Windows. If not, there is a simpler process you can use SOMETIMES without doing a total re-install. But it does not always work, so it is always a good idea to do a full backup of the drive unit that has Windows installed on it, in case that unit gets corrupted and forces you to start fresh.

Solution