Question Monitors don't always turn on when I turn PC on ?

Mar 6, 2022
Hello! I have this weird issue that I haven't seen addressed anywhere. Whenever I turn on my pc for the first time after a while, my monitors don't connect. They don't even turn on. I've tried turning them on manually after this but they still don't connect even if they are on. The only way I can get them to work is to hold the power button and turn off my pc, wait about 30 seconds and try again, and even this only works about 70% of the time. I find it hard to believe that this is because of any one of my monitors, however, because it's either both of them that don't work or both of them do work. I have tried updating my monitor drivers and my graphics card drivers and that didn't work. I bought the parts and made this PC about 2 years ago.

Intel Core i7 9th Gen - Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz
MSI Geforce RTX 2060 ti
G.SKILL Aegis 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288 -Pin DDR4
Corsair 650 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500GB Internal SSD

Mar 6, 2022
So just to be clear, when you go to start your pc for the first time of the day, both your monitors are turned on, then the pc is started?
Actually, I turn my pc on first and that used to always wake the monitors without me having to manually turn them on. I've tried turning them on after my pc is on but that hasn't worked. Would turning on the monitors first make a difference? Sorry, I don't know a lot about monitors.

Yes, the power to the monitors should be on first, then turn on pc. Most people usually leave the power on all the time and let their monitors go to sleep while pc is on and not in use. Then returning to pc and moving the mouse turns the picture back on the monitor. But if you turn off your monitors each time you shut off your pc then you should turn on monitors first then start the pc.

Mar 6, 2022
Yes, the power to the monitors should be on first, then turn on pc. Most people usually leave the power on all the time and let their monitors go to sleep while pc is on and not in use. Then returning to pc and moving the mouse turns the picture back on the monitor. But if you turn off your monitors each time you shut off your pc then you should turn on monitors first then start the pc.
I suppose I should clarify when I mean off I mean sleep mode. I probably should have clarified that, I never keep my monitors all the way off so I didn't think to state that.