Monitors don't turn on and then PC restarts when trying to wake from sleep.

Dio27

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
Recently my PC has been acting a little strange. If i leave it on sleep for for than an hour it won't turn back on without restarting. If I try and do that, the PC will turn on and the RGB lights turn on but the monitors won't turn on and then about 30 seconds later it restarts and is perfectly fine. Any ideas what is causing this and how to solve it? I have already tried clearing the CMOS but im not sure what else to do. The system is perfectly stable except for that.

My specs are:
Gtx 1060 3gb
Fx-8320
16gb RAM
Gigabyte ga-990fx gaming motherboard
Windows 10

Any help or solutions are really appreciated.

Solution
yes, they do, full blast, that is why you can turn the pc off when not required and not having the full blast

the speakers will not be turned off if they work separated, like a 2.1 speaker setup, they will only turn off when you turn them off

the leds on keyboard and mouse are leds, so very little watts are used by them, you need 10 or 20 of those to worry about the full blast you describe

cpu and gpu can go to idle and use very few watts by themselves, but when you let the pc sleep, well this is the result sometimes, some parts not waking up properly

when you don't use the pc, turn off the monitor and the pc, when away form pc for a couple minutes only turn off the monitor

if you are on a laptop or a tablet, hibernate or sleep are...

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
you have to disable hibernation, not all cards will hibernate equaly, this involves chipset and gpu drivers to work well and as you see sometimes doesn't happen, disable hibernation or any sleep options on windows, set power settings to always on

perhaps monitors to turn off after 10 minutes and ask for a password but on desktops is better to not let it sleep

the gpu sometimes will not wake up properly as you see

Dio27

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

What do you mean by hibernate? I can't find anything like that under advanced power saving options. But if you mean always keep the computer on then my RGB lights, mouse, keyboard and speakers will always be at full blast using up electricity.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
yes, they do, full blast, that is why you can turn the pc off when not required and not having the full blast

the speakers will not be turned off if they work separated, like a 2.1 speaker setup, they will only turn off when you turn them off

the leds on keyboard and mouse are leds, so very little watts are used by them, you need 10 or 20 of those to worry about the full blast you describe

cpu and gpu can go to idle and use very few watts by themselves, but when you let the pc sleep, well this is the result sometimes, some parts not waking up properly

when you don't use the pc, turn off the monitor and the pc, when away form pc for a couple minutes only turn off the monitor

if you are on a laptop or a tablet, hibernate or sleep are useful, on desktop, is a waste of time

Solution

Dio27

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016

Okay I will try that for now. The problem will most likely be fixed by a new driver or windows update so it's just a matter of time.