Question Monitors flickering or so, 3 new HDMI adapters

• Thread starter Deleted member 2808222
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2808222

I have bought 3 hdmi female to hdmi female adapters and use them now for extending the 5 meter hdmi cables to a total of 15 meters. That means that each monitor is connected with a 5 meter cable that then get extended with another 10 meter hdmi cable, using the new adapters I got. Please view the pictures below to see some of the flickering/the issue:
View: https://imgur.com/a/0PLiZid

Info about my devices/cables and PC:

PC: Upgraded/new build, have worked without problem. I only installed 4 new fans today.

GPU Nvidia GT 1030: Never had a problem with it.

Asus VN247 Monitors: I think one of them or so makes a very high pitched sound, most loudly when they are not connected into any computer/computer off. Other than that no big problems.

3 x 5Meter HDMI cables: Used in 1-3 years without any problem, not totally cheap ones.

3 x 10Meter HDMI cables: Bought 6 months ago but have not used them really, they were tested yesterday connected to my pc and with my brothers monitor, no problems there. I would say this is a chaper model than the 5meter one but not somehing bought on a china website. These were bought in a known local store.

3 x HDMI female to HDMI female adapters: They did cost 10$ each before, bought them 5$ each at the same local store. These are the new things, first time testing these with my setup as well.

would like to get some help here if possible, any idea on how I can fix this? If possible, without having to remove the 5 meter cables from the monitors due to complicated cable management. So 3 adapters would be needed together with atleast 5 meter hdmi cables, 10 meters would be easier/better for me, this is what I use right now. Maybe I have to buy something more quality or so?

Feel free to ask me questions.
Appreciate help.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2808222

Update: problem seems to appear when these adapters are connected. Nothing is wrong with anything else I got. I wonder how I can make this work anyways? Do I buy new adapters with better quality or is it because 5 + 10 meters is to much?

TRENDING THREADS