Monitors go black but PC lights still on

Jul 5, 2018
Hi,

Recently, when playing some games on my PC, after a while, both of my monitors (HDMI and VGA) go black as well as my keyboard's LED lights going black. The PC is completely unresponsive and it IS NOT simply a monitor issue since all processes stop (I tested this with Discord). The PC's lights and fans remain on but the PC (including the power button) remains unresponsive until the either the restart button is pressed or main power turned off. The temperature of neither the CPU or GPU is too high and there is nothing in the event viewer regarding this. I am extremely confused as to why this is happening and would really appreciate any help with this.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: GTX 960 (4 GB)
RAM: 16GB DDR4
PSU: 600W (more than enough)

Thanks,
Rob

Gadhar

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
It almost sounds like you system is going into some kind of crazy sleep mode it will not wake from. Have you tried checking your power settings in windows? This is just a shot in the dark, but it won't hurt to check. If you are using the balanced power setting that windows defaults to then change it to high performance. There is a AMD power plan you can down load designed specifically for first gen Ryzen. I hope this helps. I would do that before grabbing another psu only because its just a few mouse clicks. Good luck