Question Monitors go off and on at Windows login ?

fgermne

Prominent
Mar 29, 2021
Hey guys after I got two same monitors (Dell SE2723DS) there is a problem when I type the password to login into Windows and press enter the monitors go OFF and then ON every time I turn ON the PC and log in.

Main monitor is Monitor 2 in Windows settings because my GPU "favors" that as a BIOS and primary boot monitor when I press the power button on my PC case.

Seems not a huge problem because it is happening only once when I need to log in to Windows but still annoying.

Is there any solution to this? It seems like Windows is "managing" monitors before showing the desktop, the same thing is happening to everybody when you change some important settings of the monitor and press apply.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that precede or occur with the times the monitors go OFF and ON.

Disable any screen or power savers for GPU and monitors.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" - could be a buggy or corrupted file.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Monitor drivers - check to determine if the Dell monitors have their own drivers. If so, download directly via Dell's website, reinstall and reconfigure.

No third party installers or tools.