[SOLVED] Monitors goes black, sound still on and fans at full speed while gaming

Apr 9, 2018
Hello everybody.
I have experienced some weird problems with my computer the last few days.
Everytime I open a game (sometimes a few seconds later), my monitors goes completly black, the fans to full speed and the sound is stil normal, can speak on Discord, hear apps etc.
I changed my PSU but the problem persists.
All temperatures seem normal,
30 Degrees Celsius idle and about 60-70 during gaming.
I have tried lowering the memory offset on EVGA Precision to about -130 and I managed to play 1 PUBG match, kinda laggy, but still worked.
Evertyhing was normal last month, what happened?
My specs are w10, i5 3570, asus sabertooth z77, evga gtx 770 sc, 16gb ripjaws x ram @ 1600mhz.
Any help would be amazing, I have searched the fck out of this and I'm kinda hopeless.
Happy new year!

Solution
Have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers?

On a side note, have you overclocked your GPU? If you did, do try to restore to default to try and see if that was a problem.

I am thinking of a possibility of a GPU driver crash or GPU instability when workload is heavy.

Hope this helps.

vincentneo

Proper
Dec 25, 2018
Have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers?

On a side note, have you overclocked your GPU? If you did, do try to restore to default to try and see if that was a problem.

I am thinking of a possibility of a GPU driver crash or GPU instability when workload is heavy.

Hope this helps.

Solution