[SOLVED] Monitors goes black, sound still on and fans at full speed while gaming

Apr 9, 2018
Hello everybody.
I have experienced some weird problems with my computer the last few days.
Everytime I open a game (sometimes a few seconds later), my monitors goes completly black, the fans to full speed and the sound is stil normal, can speak on Discord, hear apps etc.
I changed my PSU but the problem persists.
All temperatures seem normal,
30 Degrees Celsius idle and about 60-70 during gaming.
I have tried lowering the memory offset on EVGA Precision to about -130 and I managed to play 1 PUBG match, kinda laggy, but still worked.
Evertyhing was normal last month, what happened?
My specs are w10, i5 3570, asus sabertooth z77, evga gtx 770 sc, 16gb ripjaws x ram @ 1600mhz.
Any help would be amazing, I have searched the fck out of this and I'm kinda hopeless.
Happy new year!

Solution
Have you tried using different cables from the PCs to the graphics card to ensure the cable connectors aren't going bad? Have you updated drives currently or at all? If so, try rolling back on your GPU drivers and see if that fixes it. But it seems to me your GPU might be shot... but I'll see if we can get this working before jumping to that conclusion.
Apr 9, 2018

I use 2 monitors when chilling and 1 144hz when I game, I dont think its the monitors fault. Also I cant get my hands on another gpu right now.

mtracy1991

Reputable
Have you tried using different cables from the PCs to the graphics card to ensure the cable connectors aren't going bad? Have you updated drives currently or at all? If so, try rolling back on your GPU drivers and see if that fixes it. But it seems to me your GPU might be shot... but I'll see if we can get this working before jumping to that conclusion.

Solution
Apr 9, 2018

I just upgraded my psu, so all cables are new. All drivers are up to date and right now Im reinstalling them with DDU.

mtracy1991

Reputable

What I ment was using a different HDMI, VGA, or DisplayPort cable to ensure that isn't the reason why its not malfunctiong. If not, your gpu might be faulting out.