Question Monitors Going Black and GPU Fan Speeds at 100%

kyleoswald2

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
Hello,

This is my first time posting. I have referrred to tom's hardware for many years for advice on previous problems i've had but with this one i'm stumped and need help.

Essentially if I run anything demanding(Escape from tarkov, Star Citizen, Superposition, Heavans Benchmark) all 3 monitors black out and gpu fan throttles to 100% and doesn't restore. In lights to try resolve this it's probably done this about 8 times now consistently. I have looked at event viewer for answers however there is nothing consistent to what may indicate what the problem is. There was a couple of times that it showed 'display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully restored.' However since I have rebooted in safe mode and ran DDU and installed a fresh driver install.

To double make sure it is not the GPU Drivers I did this again without GeForce Experiance and with nvidias 'clean install' option which I know is not as good as DDU.

GPU Temperatues have been monitored using MSI Afterburner(I should mention MSI Afterburner was not installed when reinstalling drivers and retesting - I know there is a issue with that) and speccy and do not go above 70°C the card doesnt get the chance.

The card itself has been tested in another PC where it ran a full heavens benchmark with no problems.

The card and all memory sticks have been reseated and a different 8 pin connector has been tried also.

I believe it is the PSU. I have no way to my knowledge to test the PSU without buying one.

Is there any suggestions before I do this?

SPECS:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4.00GHz
Motherboard: Z97 GAMING 3
Memory 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 933MHz
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
PSU Cooler Master 700w

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS