Monitors have no signal but PC still starts up

Feb 4, 2019
I dont know any of my specs off the top of my head but I suspect this won't be an issue. I powered off my PC one night then powered it back on a few hours later but the monitors did not respond. I immediately suspected the GPU. I checked all cables and the gpu but everything seemed fine(all fans were running as well). My keyboard was still lit up but heres the weird part. My keyboard has a dimmer button to dim the keyboard but it was completely unresponsive as well as the numlock/capslock leds. I repeatedly pressed F10 upon startup and it launched the computer normally, there was no bios startup and everything was fixed. I was confused on why it didnt bring me to bios though, it just brought me to the lockscreen. My computer worked fine for a few days and then out of nowhere these gray/white/black lines went along the monitor and the other monitor was just black. I shut off the computer since it pretty much was frozen. Now the monitors are unresponsive and the keyboard is unrepsonsive but still lights up. I tried the F10 key on startup but it didnt work this time around. I have undocked and reinstalled EVERYTHING on the mobo. Started it up with one ram stick. Removed and reinstalled the cmos battery. Still nothing. At one point the computer would shutdown and restart repeatedly and wouldn't stop until I unplugged it. But that symptom is gone for some reason, I didnt fix it, it just stopped happening. What makes me think this isnt an issue with gpu/cpu/memory/psu hardware is because I've had these symptoms and then the computer would run fine for days afterwards. I suspect the harddrive is the problem since that contains my OS but I really have no idea. There were no problems with the computer prior to the gray/black striped screen I had on the monitor

Feb 4, 2019

Well the thing is, not only am I using DVI but HDMI as well. The chances of both monitors/monitor cables becoming faulty is slim I would think. Which is what makes me think it's not the monitors or the cables. Especially since opening bios is what fixed it last time.
I apologize that I am not giving you much to work off here but I'm currently away from my computer for a few days and I simply dont remember the specs.

TRENDING THREADS