[SOLVED] Monitors keep breaking whining sound from gpu

Aug 13, 2019
about two weeks ago my monitor stopped working completely it still turned on but nothing was being displayed. Later on I plugged it in to a tv and was able to get picture, I thought that it was just it’s Time to go since It was a cheap monitor with questionable build quality. Anyways I bought a new monitor from acer and plugged it in. since it was 144hz and my pc couldn’t go to 144hz with hdmi for some reason, I used the included dvi cable at first nothing weird was going until later on I noticed that my gpu was making a weird high pitch whine, I unplugged it and put in the hdmi later on I wanted to use the dvi cable again, and no signal from either hdmi or dvi.

Solution
Sounds like the issue is with the video card and not the monitor. Need system specs, including power supply brand and model. You will need to test system with another video card and test your card in another system to see where the issue is.
Sounds like the issue is with the video card and not the monitor. Need system specs, including power supply brand and model. You will need to test system with another video card and test your card in another system to see where the issue is.

Solution