Question Monitors Lose Connection and Fans Max Out

May 15, 2021
Hello! I built my PC in November of 2020. It has been amazing so far … until recently. A couple weeks back my computer started crashing when I started to play games. It will load up the game fine. The menus will work correctly. But, whenever I actually try to play …my PC stays on but, both of my monitors lose connection and all of the fans in my PC literally max out. I can still hear in game noises, and I can still hear people in a Discord call. (The people in the Discord call can hear me as well.) I have been trying countless work arounds and troubleshoots that I have found on the internet, and nothing has worked. Here is everything I have tried. (PC SPECS AT THE BOTTOM)

Edit - One thing I forgot to add is this: Before everything crashes the fans in my PC reset once or twice usually. When the fans reset it is the tell tale sign that the crash is coming soon.

• I have deleted and redownloaded the C++ redistributables
  • I have reset my Windows 10 entirely
  • I have tried changing GPU usage in games to lower settings.
  • I have stress tested My CPU, GPU, PSU, and RAM. (Everything worked correctly)
  • I have tried changing the VRAM used in single applications.
  • I have reset my BIOS to factory norms.
  • I run games as Admin.
  • I took my GPU out of my system and re-placed it in the GPU socket. (Everything was fine)
  • I have replaced the PCIe cable to my GPU.
  • I have monitored all temperatures and % usage of components at time of crashing and nothing is close to maxing out.
  • I have cleaned out dust in the system and case.
  • I have updated all of my drivers.
  • And, I am sure there are more things I am forgetting about.
There are two things that have worked. -

The first time I started the game as an Admin I placed for like 6 to 8 hours with no issue.

And, later this happened - I redownloaded the game I was trying to play onto a different SSD drive. Everything was fine for 3 days … NOT A SINGLE ISSUE. But, then randomly it started showing up again.

Here is what the issue looks like. This is not my setup … but the exact same thing happens here. The monitor turns off and the fans go crazy.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUq7KB3KS1s&t=9s

Here are two issues my computer has. I AM NOT LOOKING TO FIX THESE ISSUES RIGHT NOW. However, if you think that they are related I thought that I would tell.

Here is one thing to add … my PC doesn’t boot into Windows unless it has CSM (Compatibility Support Module) enabled. It will just boot into BIOS every time unless CSM is on. I do not think this is related but I am trying to give as much information about my system as possible.
Also, my computer will just crash if it doesn’t have D.O.C.P. enabled. I also have to give my RAM 1.35 volts instead of the factory norm of 1.20 volts. It will crash with 1.20.

Even still … everything works on my PC except for games. I can watch twitch streams, watch YouTube, browse Chrome, use Discord, download games, and even play Minecraft. (Maybe Minecraft works because it is less graphically intensive … I don't know)

There is one more thing I would like to add. At first, I would be able to play a game for like 20 to 30 minutes before it would crash. But, the more I would test to see if various tweaks and changes have fixed it ... the faster it would crash. I went from being 20 to 30 minutes of playing … to immediately I when I would start to play a game. And, on the different drive where I had installed the game. It takes it 20 to 30 minutes for the crash to happen. I think if I continue to test on this drive then it will start to crash quicker. (I could be wrong on this ... it is just an observation.)

I would appreciate any tips or help anyone could provide on this issue. Thank you so much for your time! And, have a fantastic day!

PC Specs - (NOTHING is overclocked except D.O.C.P. is enabled for RAM)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2060
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 64GB
SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2
SSD: Corsair Gen.4 PCIe MP600 2TB NVMe M.2
PSU: Corsair RMx 1000w
MB: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming

Last edited:
Reactions: david slayer

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that directly precede or correspond with a crash.

Click on any given entry for more details. Details may or may not be helpful.

Look for patterns or consistent occurrences.

Error code numbers can be googled but do not jump to any immediate conclusions.

May 15, 2021
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that directly precede or correspond with a crash.

Click on any given entry for more details. Details may or may not be helpful.

Look for patterns or consistent occurrences.

Error code numbers can be googled but do not jump to any immediate conclusions.

I am almost certain this is the event. Not really sure what it means though. It's event ID is 4311

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were available, the string represents a cluster device name.

May 15, 2021
Ok ... so I did some research and it seems that Nord VPN causes crashes with this event ID. I uninstalled it and was able to play a round of a game. I will update to see if this is the fix my PC needed.

May 15, 2021
Ok. Hello again ... It was working since the 15th. So, for 14 days my PC had no issue what so ever, but now the issue has come back. It is basically the same thing. I have been looking in Windows Event Viewer and this is possibly the issue -

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

It also says the permission can be modified using component services in administrative tool. I have tried looking through this and it is a little bit beyond my level of expertise.