[SOLVED] Monitors lose signal after motherboard image

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Just upgraded my motherboard, ram and cpu everything seems fine apart from when i 1st turn my pc on nothing will display to my monitors but all i have to do is turn off and back on my pc and it works fine after that. Anyone have any idea what this problem could be? Its really hard to work out what it is since it only seems to happen when my pc has been turned off for hours.

MSI B450 tomahawk max
evga gtx 1060ssc
Ryzen 7 3700x
2x8 gb corsair vengeance 3600mz
Evga 750GQ

Tried reinstalling windows and removing and refitting all components.

Solution
When you turn off a pc with windows, it does not truly turn off power completely.
Windows wants to be able to do an update for you at odd hours.
I suspect hthat an aggressive low power sleep state is at issue.
You may have options in the bios to change that.

Also, may I suggest using sleep to ram instead.
The power for the pc and monitor is minimal, almost like a full power off.
Sleep/wake will only be a few seconds.
When you turn off a pc with windows, it does not truly turn off power completely.

Solution

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017

Hey bud, i'll try looking into this and see if it works.

Also why would this only be the issue since upgraded? It never used to happen

Jan 2, 2020

Just upgraded my motherboard, ram and cpu everything seems fine apart from when i 1st turn my pc on nothing will display to my monitors but all i have to do is turn off and back on my pc and it works fine after that. Anyone have any idea what this problem could be? Its really hard to work out what it is since it only seems to happen when my pc has been turned off for hours.

MSI B450 tomahawk max
evga gtx 1060ssc
Ryzen 7 3700x
Evga 750GQ

Hi, i am having the exact same problem with same motherboard. Hoping its not a big issue and can be resolved. Will be keeping track of this thread.

Feb 23, 2020

MSI B450 tomahawk max
evga gtx 1060ssc
Ryzen 7 3700x
Evga 750GQ

I had the exactly same problem after installing a new motherboard. I tried everything I could think of and all the tips I found online; to list just a few: updating my BIOS, reinstalling Windows 10, changing from DP cable to HDMI, reinstalling all my drivers, reinstalling just graphics drivers, plugging and unplugging my Nvidia graphics card several times, cleaning/vacuuming every single component (my comp is as clean as a whistle - looks brand new, trying all kinds of combinations in BIOS settings, etc - nothing worked.

And here is how I SOLVED IT! After reading some unrelated advice about the "turn on fast start-up" function in Windows 10 and reading about how it can cause certain booting problems, I thought I might as well give it a try, nothing left to lose. So, I went to Control Panel/Power Options and under "change setting that are currently unavailable" turned off the fast start-up. Voila, problem solved! I'm guessing there is was kind of incompatibility between my motherboard (Intel Desktop Board DQ77MK) and this particular Windows setting. After spending a week dealing with this issue and going out of my ever-loving mind, you can imagine my relief. I'll make sure to post this advice on as many message boards I can to help other miserable souls like myself.

TRENDING THREADS