[SOLVED] Monitors lose signal when gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2021
I had gotten an HP OMEN 30L from HP originally back around in January. Anytime I played games I would lose signal to my monitors and would just get "No Signal" displayed on them. I reached out to support, and after various troubleshooting steps they had me send that one back and sent me an HP OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0235se instead. Same specs, but just less memories and a different processor. After getting the replacement in 8 April, 2021 with all new parts, the issue started to persist again. Now both computers had a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated), but were 2 new graphics cards this has happened to.

After talking with some friends we thought it may be related to a heating issue as the OMEN case had very poor ventilation. So I bought a Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/o Controller ATX Mid Tower Case and a MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1200 Motherboard to fit into the new case, so we no longer had the old motherboard.

After swapping it into the new case in April and having MSI Afterburner run to make sure the fans and temps were good, I was able to game without issue. After a few months, on 10 June 2021, the issue started to happen again. I would play either Final Fantasy XIV, VRChat, Phasmophobia and would lose signal to my monitors, sometimes later throughout the game, other times immediately.

-----------------------------------

Troubleshooting steps I have tried:

• Using different cords (like HDMI to HDMI, and HDMI to DVI)
  • Rolling back my computer to a restore point before the issue was happening and things were working okay to undo any updates or changes to my computer
  • Buying new monitors to make sure they could handle the new GPU (I now have two Acer KG241Q bmiix 23.6" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitors)
  • Updating BIOS to make sure it was current
  • Making sure all Windows things were updated
  • Making sure Nvidia Experience drivers were up-to-date
  • Completely factory resetting my computer and installing all new drivers
  • Disabling Intel virtualization in the BIOS menu
Even after I have done all these things, the issue of losing signal to my monitors is still happening. If I want to get signal back, I have to completely restart my computer.

--------------------------------------

Specs:
CPU - Intel® Core™ i7-10700 (2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores)
CPU Cooler - Unsure
Motherboard - MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
RAM - HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-2666 XMP RGB SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Storage - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (8 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
Case - Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/o Controller ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply - L84091-001 - HP Cooler Master PSU 500w ATX Persan3
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Monitors - Acer KG241Q bmiix 23.6" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor (x2)
Special - Air cooling solution for processor

--------------------------------------

Any help would be fantastic, please help me fix this issue.

Last edited:
Solution
They sent you a complete system so they should replace it, your former system had issues too so to me very unlikely if in that also cpu+gpu were broken. I know these are HP prebuilds but even they would have a hard time to send one guy two systems with cpu+gpu broken, but if both systems use the same psu would it make sense to me. The nr for the psu you gave point to a very low end Cooler Master series which are just not good enough to run systems like these.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
They sent you a complete system so they should replace it, your former system had issues too so to me very unlikely if in that also cpu+gpu were broken. I know these are HP prebuilds but even they would have a hard time to send one guy two systems with cpu+gpu broken, but if both systems use the same psu would it make sense to me. The nr for the psu you gave point to a very low end Cooler Master series which are just not good enough to run systems like these.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.