Question Monitors no signal

Jan 8, 2020
I just finished building my new pc today. I turn it om, everything seems to be good i then turn it back off and then plug in my 2 monitors, but nothing happens (im using 1 displayport and 1 hdmi). There is no signal. I replace the hdmi and displayport cables and it doesnt work, try to only plug one in and nothing. I dont think the cables nor the monitors are the problem bc they worked good with my previous build and when i unplug and replug my hdmi into the pc. My monitor lights up, tries to find a signal but sees nothing. I changed my gpu slot and still nothing. Idk if the gpu is the problem either bc it is lit up. Idk if it could maybe be my cpu?? But idk if my computer would even open if a part is broken.

Anyway, i really need help, i dont understand which part is the problem.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I just finished building my new pc today. I turn it om, everything seems to be good i then turn it back off and then plug in my 2 monitors, but nothing happens (im using 1 displayport and 1 hdmi).

What do you mean? Did you have a picture before connecting the 2nd monitor or did you assume the computer seemed to be good by simply powering up with no monitors connected?

Jan 8, 2020
What do you mean? Did you have a picture before connecting the 2nd monitor or did you assume the computer seemed to be good by simply powering up with no monitors connected?
I was building my pc upstairs and not in my room so when i was done, i plugged it in the wall with no monitors just to see what it looks like. Everything opened up and was beautiful so i closed it and went downstairs to my room to try it with my monitors and maybe play a bit of games but this is when i saw that my monitors couldnt detect.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Try just one monitor for now and make sure it's connected to the graphics card not the motherboard igpu video ports as these require integrated graphics on the cpu to work which the 2700x doesn't have.

Did you connect both 8 & 6 pin power to the graphics card?

Regarding your hdds, if you've already got Windows installed / swapped from a different system, this can be problematic. Should still be able to post / see a display though, however, if you've done it like this, and Windows does load, may not run properly or activate depending on license situation. A full reinstall is recommended. Can you explain what you're trying to do regarding the operating system?