Question Monitors randomly disconnect

edzor

Reputable
Aug 12, 2019
I've been using my new computer for about 2 weeks now, and I've been using 2 somewhat cheap monitors, but they worked as secondary monitors for my laptop. One monitor is connected with hdmi to hdmi, and the other is connected with displayport to hdmi. There's been an issue where randomly they go black, and give an error screen saying that there is no signal. I have to manually restart it from the tower itself for it to finally boot up and work again.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RX 5700 XT
MSI B450 A-Pro Max
16GB 3000mhz RAM (This kit was rated at 3000, but I had to overclock it to get it to run at 3000. It was originally running at 2133. I intend to get a better kit in a couple months.)
Corsair RM650x 80+ Gold

Note: I have the latest AMD Drivers, I'll be updating windows in a couple days and I'll see if that fixes at all, my monitors are the hp VH240a, and the hp 22cwa. I won't be near my computer again until January 5th, so anything that is replied I'll try out then.

Apr 5, 2020
The port connection might fail. That being said, your secondary monitor maybe has a bad port connection. Try switching the monitor roles, primary to secondary and vice versa, if the issue continues, your cable may be malfunctioning. Also, i do not recommend you overclocking your ram that much. It is recommended to overclock it by a couple hundreds MHz max. This kind of usage can kill your ram sticks faster.