Question Monitor's randomly go to black

Jun 10, 2021
New to this forum. Not sure if this has been posted or not. If so, I apologize. So 2 weeks ago I built a new gaming rig with the help of a friend whose been building them for years (I'm in the US, he's in Canada.)
Specs for new PC:
MD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
EVGA SuperNOVA GA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply.
Everything is new except for the GPU. no matter what connectors on the back of the card that I use it turns black randomly the converters as well. We tried changing settings for the monitors, even using only 1 monitor, monitoring the temperature of the card and even uninstalling the newest driver for the card and using an older driver...to no avail. I know very little about cards and my friend can only do so much living in another country. I'd love to buy a new card but we all know what's going on there. Thanks for reading. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be helpful.

Ralston18

Titan
If supported by motherboard and CPU will the monitor display via iGPU?

Will the monitor display in Safe Mode?

Have you been able to try another known working video cable between PC and monitor?

Or another video connection path between PC and monitor (change connectivity - HDMI, DP, VGA....)

Have you been able to swap in another known working monitor or even a TV that can serve as a monitor? Just for testing purposes.

Perhaps try the GPU in another known working computer.

Overall, the objective is to narrow down the possible sources/causes of the problem either directly or by elimination.

Determine, for example if the problem follows a video cable, a monitor, or the GPU.

Or something else.