Question Monitors reset while watching video

Jan 24, 2021
Hello,

I'm posting this on GPU forum because this started happening after I replaced my 1080Ti with Asus TUF RTX 3080.

While I'm watching videos from Twitch or Youtube, sometimes PC freezes for a second, my monitors (both of them) go dark and come back after 2-3 seconds. No PC restart or anything, just the screens restarting themselves, going black and when they come back, the video is not playing anymore. This only happens when watching videos from Youtube or Twitch. It never happened with Netflix for example, or local video files but I haven't tested it extensively. It happens both on Chrome and Firefox. It doesn't happen all the time, it's very inconsistent.

I have two monitors, one is connected via HDMI and is 1080p and 60Hz. Other one is connected via Displayport and it's 1440p and 144Hz. This happens while I'm watching videos from 60Hz one but I rarely watch videos from my other monitor. I play games for hours and this never happens while playing games, even GPU intensive ones like Cyberpunk.

My PSU is Evga Supernova 750 G2 (6 years old).

HWMonitor doesn't record unusual temps while watching videos, everything seems to be normal.

I don't know why this is happening. Is my GPU at fault? This never happened to me with my old GPU.

I appreciate any help, thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS