Monitors set to different refresh rates frame rate issues

Tinkpea

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Hi,

I have two Benq XL2411 144Hz monitors hooked to my GTX 1070. Since my graphics card only has one dual link DVI connector I had to buy a displayport to dual link dvi adapter for the second monitor. Now my second monitor only runs at 60hz.

When I browse on Chrome (mostly while watching a Youtube video or a stream on Twitch) the second monitor my refresh rate on my main monitor seem to drop to 60hz since my in-game fps drop to 60.

Is this some kind of issue related to Windows 10? Is there a possible fix?

Solution
Look in chrome settings under advanced settings and see if "use hardware acceleration when available" is enabled. Another question, your graphics card doesn't have hdmi? Just a DVI and a displayport? What model is it?

Tinkpea

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

I'm not sure to fully understand what you mean by checking the on-screen display and what to loo for exactly

You monitor doesn't have a menu of any sort that shows the information like what Hz and resolution and color mode it is running at?

Tinkpea

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

Yeah, my bad. It does say that the current resolution runs at 144hz. So what could potentially cause the fps lock to 60 if not the refresh rate? Because I can run multiple apps and games at the same time just fine but when watching a video or a stream the fps instantly locks at 60 even though my gpu and cpu usage is normal.

Tinkpea

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017

It seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

EVGA FTW. It does have a hdmi connector which is hooked to my third monitor. I have yet to get a hdmi 1.3 cable. When I do I'll swap the second and third monitor's cable

Feb 16, 2018
Can I get help as well??
I have an Asus VG248QE as my center monitor, 144Hz monitor 1080p.
I have two Acer ET241Y on either side of the Asus, 60Hz monitors again 1080p.
My problem is My GPU a GTX 970 STRIX, is running the two Acer monitors on DVI to HDMI adaptors, with the Asus is on the Single HDMI out on the GTX 970.
In Geforce Experience Application all monitors are stuck at 60Hz or lower Im wondering if there is a way to Have the One 144Hz monitor at the native 144Hz and the two 60Hz monitors at their Native 60Hz.

Hopefully not a new GPU in my future.

Thank you