[SOLVED] Monitors starts blinking and then resumes during games.

Jun 6, 2020
I recently got a new monitor (Lenovo D24f-10) and i started using my old monitor as a secondary monitor.
The issue is:
Randomly while i play games both monitors start blinking as if they where turning on and off(almost like when you alt tab out and in a fullscreen app), and after of a few seconds of blinking it or resumes as if nothing happened, or the game or other programs running in the background or on the other monitor (chrome for example) crash, or sometimes one of the monitors comes back and the other one stops giving me a picture or both of the monitors just goes black and i have to restart the computer.
I've checked temperatures, they are all normal.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX 2x8GB 2400MHz DDR4
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE A320M S2H
PSU: FSP Raider 650W +80 Silver

Solution
Sorry for the long silence,
As it turns out updating the driver with a clean install did prevent my pc from crashing and all the nasty things that happened before, but the flashing thing every once and a while still happens but everything resumes as normal after it
Ok, try to roll back your display driver to 368.81. Again perform a clean install and see if that fixes the issue. I've attached a link to the download page for you:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105037/en-us

Also ensure that your refresh rate for the Lenovo D24f-10 is set to 144Hz. Also verify that the refresh rate for your secondary is set to 60Hz or whatever that monitors Refresh rate is. You can do so under Nvidia Control Panel >...
Jun 6, 2020
Try reinstalling the graphics driver using custom clean install.
Its been happening for a while and i had different driver versions since it started, i did a clean install now we'll see if it fixed it, its pretty random when it happens...
Nothing of sort happened before i got the new monitor

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
Its very common when you update your display driver, that sometimes residuals from previous drivers are left behind. And this sort of issue can occur from that. It’s why I always suggest everyone select Custom and check “Perform Clean Install”. It eliminates that issue.

I've also noticed that the 10 series GPUs have this issue a lot where part of the driver will cause random flickering. This should solve that issue.

Jun 6, 2020
As it turns out updating the driver with a clean install did prevent my pc from crashing and all the nasty things that happened before, but the flashing thing every once and a while still happens but everything resumes as normal after it

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
Ok, try to roll back your display driver to 368.81. Again perform a clean install and see if that fixes the issue. I've attached a link to the download page for you:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105037/en-us

Also ensure that your refresh rate for the Lenovo D24f-10 is set to 144Hz. Also verify that the refresh rate for your secondary is set to 60Hz or whatever that monitors Refresh rate is. You can do so under Nvidia Control Panel > Change Resolution.

Last edited:
Solution