Question Monitors suddenly getting no signal. Any ideas?

Jun 4, 2022
Yesterday, both of my monitors began to get no signal. My PC booted as normal, but neither monitor connected. Both are different models, and were bought at very different times, so it's not an issue with the monitors themselves. Both monitors are powered, and they're on the right connection, DisplayPort, but I checked hdmi too. I then assumed it was an issue with my graphics card, so I tried plugging both monitors into my motherboard instead, but neither worked. I tried every combination of plugging them into my motherboard/gpu just in case, still no. I've seen someone online say it could be related to the contact of wires in the tower, and my cable management is pretty non-existant, so it's possible. Haven't gone over it just yet. Another said theirs worked after plugging VGA into their motherboard, but my hardware doesn't have VGA anymore. I know the pc still runs somewhat normal, since I can type my windows password in and my mouse software will still update. If it's none of this, my only guess is that it has to do with windows settings, or drivers, but I can't really change those blind, and I don't see why it would be the case. Made no significant changes to the the PC in a while, and it ran fine for a number of years. Anyone got any ideas?

1 thing I haven't yet tried is using an HDMI cable instead of DisplayPort, but that's mostly because I gave mine away. I could grab one if you think it'd help.

I can grab specs if you want. Thanks for any replies.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Have you tried connecting the monitors to a donor system, one with known working display output ports? You won't get any display off of your motherboard, if you're on a Ryzen CPU that lacks an iGPU...or you don't essentially have an APU.