[SOLVED] Monitors turn black and gpu fans speeds up to 100%

fiskenmeddisken

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018
Hello! i recently bought new motherboard, cpu, psu and ram
Ever since i installed the new parts my pc randomly blackscreens and gpu fans speeds up to 100%

Ive tried to fresh install the gpu drivers but that did not help.

Here is a list of my PC parts

Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Ram: Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury, DDR4 3200MHz
Graphics card: Asus Dual GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Power supply: Corsair 550W CX550M
Storage: Samsung 1TB 860, 1TB HDD

i feel like 550W should be enough for the system.

Solution
Reseat the GPU in the PCIe slot.
Have you installed the latest chipset drivers?
Do you have the latest BIOS?
Are windows up to date with the latest version?
Check your temps of CPU and GPU both in idle and while gaming. Use HWinfo sensors mode.

Edit: Your GPU needs a PSU of at least 500w which almost always is over the actual needs of the card, so the PSU unless problematic, is more than ok.
Was the GPU running without problems before the upgrade? Is there any chance you can check the GPU in another system after you try all of the above I mentioned?
Yes, it is enough but wattage is not the only thing to consider. Reliability and quality do also matter.

Your PSU has a green label or a grey label? Grey is good, green is bad. Older corsair units with green label are notorious for being bad.

fiskenmeddisken

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018
Did you reinstall windows? If not, you should always do a clean install after a motherboard swap.
Yes, it is enough but wattage is not the only thing to consider. Reliability and quality do also matter.

Your PSU has a green label or a grey label? Grey is good, green is bad. Older corsair units with green label are notorious for being bad.
It is grey labeled.

Check your temps of CPU and GPU both in idle and while gaming. Use HWinfo sensors mode.

Edit: Your GPU needs a PSU of at least 500w which almost always is over the actual needs of the card, so the PSU unless problematic, is more than ok.
Was the GPU running without problems before the upgrade? Is there any chance you can check the GPU in another system after you try all of the above I mentioned?

Last edited:
Reactions: fiskenmeddisken
Solution

fiskenmeddisken

Reputable
Feb 20, 2018

i will try the things you mentioned. and yes the gpu ran withoutn problems before the upgrade