Question Monitors turn on with PC boot but screens remain black ?

Dec 22, 2022
Hi, i know this doesnt look like a question for graphics cards but in all my research i cant find any useful help to my problem.

I have dual monitors that I use with my setup, one display port and one HDMI, as my graphics card does not have 2 display port outlets. Earlier on the same day the problem occured my PC worked as normal and all my drivers were up to date, however i shutdown via the conventional way and went out, and the problem arose when i tried to play some games when i retured home.

My display port monitor would turn on but give a blank screen with no output, and my HDMI monitor would not turn on at all and give a signal error when turned on manually. This problem persists when trying to enter my bios and i already had windows safe start on from a problem that has long since fixed. I also checked and all my cables were not broken as everything worked fine when i connected both monitors to my laptop with the same canles used on my PC.

In my research i found that was that this could be caused by the graphics card being faulty, I have made sure it is firmly plugged in (both the card itself and cables) and the problem still persists, however without my graphics card the problem also persists.

I do not know my PC specs of the top of my head and I cannot view them given that I'm not getting any monitor output.
However I do know that my graphics card is a GeForce GTX
I have a ryzen 5 processor
32GB of RAM
A gigabyte motherboard
LG ultragear monitors
if that helps

Any feedback is appreciated and many thanks
LforLopez

Next to no information about the system. Sounds like “I have a red car with 4 wheels and two headlights and rearview mirror”. Hard to give you any advice. If you do not feel comfortable about taking it apart, cash out a little and take it to a nearest shop for them to diagnose.