Monoprice Customer Service (does it exist?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeljboys

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Anyone ever do an RMA with Monoprice due to item arriving DOA? I have tried for a week to get someone to respond to my RMA request and just no luck at all. Granted, it's just a surge protector, but I really doubt I would ever buy anything like a monitor from this company in the future. Customer service isn't even bad so much as completely absent...

Solution
Can you sign in & live chat? It's possible your request was lost.

While it sucks, and retailers should be on top of that - if there's a system error and it never makes it through, they don't know you're waiting.
A week doesn't sound normal - I'd be following up.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
From what I read on the website, it should auto generate the return process.
https://support.monoprice.com/link/portal/41053/41056/Article/907/Return-Policy

Only once it's back in their hands will they make a decision on it (within 2 days, apparently).

What are you waiting on, specifically?

You could also RMA direct to the manufacturer if the option is available, but the retailer should (almost) always be the first place to go.

michaeljboys

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Barty,

yes, that is what I did, the automated RMA process, but haven't received a response after week. I cannot return an item without a RMA # and getting an RMA # must take weeks?? Just a DOA surge protector, but a Monoprice branded one at that.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Can you sign in & live chat? It's possible your request was lost.

While it sucks, and retailers should be on top of that - if there's a system error and it never makes it through, they don't know you're waiting.
A week doesn't sound normal - I'd be following up.

Solution

Did you try searching your spam folder? A lot of these customer service departments seem to use an email redirector, so if you reply to the mail it goes to the system instead of back to the CS agent who wrote your email. Many spam filters interpret that (an email redirect) as an indicator of spam.

TrufflesG

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I bought my first 3D printer from MonoPrice.

I have to say the Customer Support was Stellar. I had to RMA the first one and they sent a replacement BEFORE I shipped back the other.
I still had a few issues with the new one and I'm going to say they lost money big time on my purchase....but they never failed to support the product they sold me.

I trust MonoPrice. Granted that was 2 years ago and they could have changed.

But they are one of the few companies I totally trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.