Review Monoprice Zero-G 35-Inch Gaming Monitor Review: A Curved Ultra-Wide Bargain

If it's zero-g, why does it need a stand? <_<

Are a lack of speakers really a con though? The speakers included in monitors are usually pretty bad. If you want speakers of that quality, you can probably find a set for $10 somewhere. Most gamers will likely be using either a headset or better speakers anyway.

Perhaps more worth noting would be that the limited FreeSync range means you won't get LFC to keep adaptive sync working when framerates dip below 48 fps. And while you might consider the resolution to be low enough to still get decent performance on "mid-priced" graphics cards, we're still talking about 2.4x the resolution of 1080p here, or nearly 35% more pixels than 1440p, so even with a $400 graphics card, performance is bound to dip into that range at times in some of the most demanding games with the settings turned up.

mrv_co

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
If it's zero-g, why does it need a stand? <_<

Are a lack of speakers really a con though? The speakers included in monitors are usually pretty bad. If you want speakers of that quality, you can probably find a set for $10 somewhere. Most gamers will likely be using either a headset or better speakers anyway.

Perhaps more worth noting would be that the limited FreeSync range means you won't get LFC to keep adaptive sync working when framerates dip below 48 fps. And while you might consider the resolution to be low enough to still get decent performance on "mid-priced" graphics cards, we're still talking about 2.4x the resolution of 1080p here, or nearly 35% more pixels than 1440p, so even with a $400 graphics card, performance is bound to dip into that range at times in some of the most demanding games with the settings turned up.

Yep, I consider no built-in speakers a feature.

Reactions: ubercake

hacknslash730

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Hi, I have this monitor and its great but I haven't been able to turn on G-sync? I have a GTX 1080, I'm using DP and freesync is turned on through OSD. What am I missing here? Thanks!

Have you made sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date? If Freesync is enabled in your monitor's settings, you should be able to go into the "Set up G-Sync" menu in the Nvidia control panel and then select the monitor, check the box to "enable G-Sync Compatible", and then hit "apply".

If the option doesn't appear, you might try going into the "Manage 3D Settings" menu in the Nividia control panel, where in the "Global settings" box you can try setting "Monitor Technology" to "G-Sync compatible".