Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I have a monster build containing the following:
Asus Maximus VIII ROG motherboard
2x ASUS R9 390 Strix 8GB videocards
64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 2800mhz
Intel i7-6770k
Kingston HyperX Savage 250GB for Windows
Kingston HyperX Savage 500GB for documents (it's empty i have none)
Corsair AX1500i PSU
Corsair Graphite 780T case
Corsair Premium Cables set
H110 GTX water cooler

I'm running 6x LG 4K monitors

Anyways it was working fine for 6 months and now after moving it it started messing up. It works fine for several hours but at one point 3 of the monitors flashes and go black, than the computer freezes. After immediate restart I get a white underscore flashing and windows will not boot up... I have reinstalled windows on the 500gb SSD, same problem, 250GB SSD same problem... I've tried everything to my knowladge. I believe it is going to be some sort of VGA issue. Any ideas?

xgamerpc

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Thanks for the quick response guys! I narrowed it down to a connection problem, bc I shake the computer case and it does the problem. So i swapped the 2 VGA to see if the VGA is the problem. Once i shook the computer it did the same problem so it's not the fault of the VGA. It's either the cable pack or the motherboard. Than i swapped the cables only and shook the computer it turned off the same monitors so it's not the cables either. So I'm guessing the problem is the mother board connection. I wanted to replace my motherboard earlier bc i had problems with it but than it started working fine. So i guess warranty here we come for the Asus Maximus 8 Hero...

By any chance any other ideas what else it could be?

xgamerpc

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

That might be what i'll do... also replace the mother board and the psu in warranty

xgamerpc

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

I pulled out one of the VGA's and left just the one in where the problem is. Running with only one vga by shaking the computer it still turns off. So i'm guessing the motherboard what gave me trouble before is finally taking a shit on me. I'll have it replaced by warranty

TRENDING THREADS